Canceling Amazon Prime Subscription is easy! Visit your account settings, find ‘Membership & Subscription,’ and follow the prompts to end your Prime membership hassle-free.
What is Amazon Prime:-
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription program provided by Amazon. Those customers who enroll for Amazon Prime are provided augmented services that are otherwise unavailable or made accessible to regular and premium Amazon customers.
The additional benefits include Prime Video, Prime Music, Gaming with Prime, Unlimited 5 percent reward points, Prime Reading, Exclusive and early deals, Free, fast delivery, Diaper discounts, and more.
Prime Video provides access to the latest and unique Bollywood, Hollywood, regional blockbusters, U.S. TV shows, award-winning Amazon Original series, and kids’ shows.
Prime Music enlists millions of songs in multiple languages, ad-free. It would be best to ask for your favorite song, voice-controlled with Alexa. Relax yourself by enjoying Playlists and Stations carefully chosen and thoughtfully organized by Amazon’s music editors for various activities, moods, genres, and more.
Gaming with Prime will provide you access to free in-game content such as power-ups, exclusive valuables, characters, outfits, skins, themes, in-game currency, and more across popular mobile games, which are refreshed more often.
Prime members who are eligible earn unlimited 5 percent reward points on all purchases made on the Amazon website using the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card. The card is now available in 35 cities across India.
Prime reading enables you to read to your heart’s content from hundreds of eligible eBooks, comics, and more. Choice options range from literature, fiction, quick reads, and romance to non-fiction and eBooks in Indian languages. You are free to read anytime, anywhere, with no extra cost.
Prime Early Access allows us to look out for Prime Exclusive deals, offers, and initial launches on top brands, besides giving us top priority regarding shopping.
Amazon Prime members can save an additional 15 percent on diaper subscriptions and obtain special discounts and recommendations.
The products purchased from Amazon. in or from the Amazon app by Prime members are shipped for free with speedy One-Day and Two-Day Delivery facilities. You can even purchase unlimited products with the Prime badge in your possession. Currently, you can avail of 2-hour Express Delivery with the Prime Now App in specific pin codes in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi.
How to cancel a paid-for Amazon Prime subscription:-
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Go to the Amazon Prime Account page.
- Click ‘Manage’. On clicking the Manage option, you’ll have the chance to update, cancel, and more.
- Then, choose ‘End membership’ on the left-hand side of the Amazon Prime Account page.
How to cancel an Amazon Prime trial:-
Amazon Prime Free Trial duration lasts for 30 days. During this duration, new members can try Amazon Prime for free. Amazon Prime Free Trial members enjoy all the augmented benefits, like those paid Amazon Prime members.
Steps to cancel an Amazon Prime trial:-
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Click on the ‘Manage Your Prime Membership’ option.
- Select ‘Manage’. On selecting the Manage option, you’ll have the option to update, cancel, and more.
- Then press ‘End trial and benefits’ to cancel.
After this procedure, your registration will get canceled, and the payment card you signed up with won’t be debited.
Ways to get a refund after canceling a paid-for Amazon Prime subscription:-
Amazon states that customers who haven’t used any Amazon Prime benefits, such as One-Day Delivery, Prime Video, Prime Music, and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, are eligible for a full refund.
Customers who have used the Amazon Prime delivery benefits may be entitled to a partial refund for the remaining unused months. Along with Amazon Prime Delivery, you can’t get a refund if other benefits like Prime Video and Prime Music have been used. If you still have not fixed any errors, try to read other articles, too.
These rules apply to both annual and monthly subscription users.
There are a few ways to claim your money back, either through Amazon Prime’s customer service.
How to contact Amazon Prime’s customer service:-
Contacting the customer service of Amazon Prime involves connecting either by phone or website.
How to request a refund over the phone:-
To request a refund over the phone, reach out to an Amazon customer support representative by calling the toll-free number 1-888-280-4331 or the international number 001-206-922-0880. Additional charges may apply for the international number.
The customer service representative will guide you to obtain your subscription refund.
How to request a refund through the Amazon Prime website:-
- Go to the Amazon Prime Contact Us form.
- Click the Prime tab.
- Select the ‘Membership Management’ option in the drop-down menu and click ‘Other Prime issue’.
- Under the ‘Or, talk to someone’ heading, select an option such as Email, Phone, or Chat.
- In the last step, explain why you opted for an Amazon Prime refund.
Steps to get a refund on Amazon Prime :-
DoNotPay is a much quicker way to obtain a refund on Amazon Prime.
- First of all, open DoNotPay in your web browser.
- Select the ‘ Get Protected ‘ option under the ‘Chargeback Instantly’ icon.
- Then, quickly answer the chatbot’s queries as prompted.
- Verify your signature and submit the request.
Along with the refund request, They will also provide the necessary VISA and Mastercard codes and regulations, increasing your chances of obtaining a refund.
How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership:-
- Log in to your Amazon account on the Amazon.com website.
- Select the’ Account and Lists’ option on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on ‘Your Prime Membership’ from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the left-hand side of the ‘Your Prime Membership’ page.
- All your membership information will be displayed on that page.
- Click the ‘End Membership and Benefits’ option on the left.
- Select the ‘I Do Not Want My Benefits’ button to cancel your Prime account on the next page.
- On the following page, click the ‘Continue to Cancel’ option.
- On the next page, click the ‘Cancel Membership’ button, the final step to cancel your account.
Will I get a refund if I cancel my Amazon Prime membership:-
Amazon states that customers who have paid for a Prime membership but have not availed their benefits are eligible for a full refund. Those who have used the benefits provided by Amazon Prime are eligible for a partial refund, which is based on the remaining time in their membership and their usage of Amazon Prime benefits. If you can not solve by yourself than have a visit and fix any error.
How do I know when my Prime membership ends :-
You will get to know when your Prime membership ends by checking your membership status at Amazon.
Steps to check your membership status at Amazon :-
- Open Amazon.com.
- Click on the ‘Your Account’ button at the top of the page.
- In the ‘Settings’ section, choose from the ‘Manage Prime Membership’, ‘Manage Mom Membership’ and ‘Manage Student Membership’ option.
- Have a look at the membership information on the page which includes the membership start and end dates, payment method information and payment history. If the account is inactive, Amazon also provides information on how to reactivate that account, under the payment history section.
- If you find your membership information is incorrect, you can contact Amazon using the ‘Customer Service’ page.
If the users cancel their Prime membership during the primary thirty days of the free trial, then can I do another free trial of Amazon Prime :-
No, you cannot opt for another free trial of Amazon Prime unless it is more than 12 months. Customers of Amazon are only eligible for one free trial of Amazon Prime every 12 months. On getting a chance of another Amazon Prime 30-day free trial after 12 months, it is important that you utilize this chance for shopping Prime Day deals without paying for membership.
How to get a Prime membership for less :-
- Amazon Prime has launched a new offer for youngsters aged between 18-24 years. Amazon customers who belong to the age group of 18-24 years will be able to obtain a Prime membership in just 499 rupees for a year instead of the original subscription fee of 999 rupees for a year.
Customers just need to verify their age by signing up on Amazon Prime to avail this facility.
- The Amazon Prime membership is priced at 999 rupees for a year while it costs 129 rupees for a month. Amazon is now offering a 100 rupees discount on the yearly subscription when you renew your Prime membership. However, the deal is available only for those customers whose current membership period is about to end.
Amazon Prime’s Refund Policy :-
If a certain customer cancels within 3 business days of signing up for or enrolling to a paid membership from a free trial, Amazon Prime will refund their full membership fee.
But there are a few caveats which should be kept in mind :-
- Amazon might charge you or withhold from your refund the cost of Amazon Prime benefits in the duration of this 3-business day period.
- After accepting the Amazon Prime membership, if you want to cancel it at any other time, Amazon will refund your full membership fee if you have not made any eligible purchases or have not taken advantage of provided benefits.
- If you have obtained your Amazon Prime membership through a third party, you will have to contact that third party for getting your refund.
- Prime memberships which are redeemed through a Prime gift code or promotional code are not eligible for a refund.